1.07.2013

TV TIME!

TheGuy and I have been pretty boring, lately. Like your typical boring married couple. Most of this is due to the fact that my hip is a jerk and wants to kill me, but a lot of it is also due to the fact that we're both kinda like "oh my god, our life was so insane for so long" that now, all we want to do is stay inside. Aside from my freelance, it's been TV, TV, TV. So that's what I'm going to talk about today!

X-Files? We watched the whole thing, which was entirely overrated, if you ask me, and what was with the finale.. LAME, I will never watch it again. Also, it's weird to me that Gillian Andrews has a pretty mole above her lip, and that they conceal it through the entire series. I also see Mulder in an entirely different light than I should because of my love affair with Californication - who knew a geek could turn so hot?

American Horror Story? Season One - creepy, disturbed, AWESOME! Season Two - we had to turn it off, and we aren't going to finish. It was too creepy for me and it left me nauseous for a week. I have my limits, people. I didn't like Saw and I don't like the second season of American Horror Story. It makes me feel like a bad person because I watched some of it. There's this one shot which keeps popping up in my head at unexpected times and makes me break into a cold sweat. And not in an "ooh, isn't this thrilling" way, but more of an "oh my god, some sick mind is out there making loads of money for coming up with this grotesque and torturous story line." Gives me major heebs.

Sons of Anarchy!? Hells yes. Gemma, you are awesome and I hate you and I love you all at the same time. To be quite honest, though, I would like just one episode of 'happily ever after' or something. Like, send these people on a trip to Disney World or something. That shiznat is intense!

Sister Wives! Sadly, yes, my reality television junkieness has sucked me into the abyss. My fascination means I have almost completed the third season! I've watched so much of it lately that as I was making dinner last night, I kept smiling for the non-existent cameras. Anyway - for the most part, this show is about fodder , like "Oh, look at us, how are we ever going to afford to pay for things," and then in the next episode dude's taking one of his wives on a helicopter ride for a normal date night. After paintballing. This is true. A little hard to swallow for me, who would be too anxious to play paint ball because you have to pay for each pellet - it's too much like gambling. Me no likey.

AND NOW. NOW we've found Homeland, and holy crap, if you want to watch something awesome and fast paced and awesome and awesome - watch this show. Clare Danes, you rock my socks off. Also, I haven't decided if it feels good to watch Clare Danes play a super professional CIA agent, or whether it makes me feel old because Clare Danes, to me, will always be Angela from My So Called Life. Jared Leto = swoon. Also, the daughter in Homeland dresses strikingly similarly to Angela from My So Called Life, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing that fashion has come back around so quickly, and then I think about the fact that we're talking about the 90's and that was 20 years ago, and then yes, it makes me kind of old. Which I guess is okay, really, because everyone knows the 80s had the best cartoons, and the fashion in the 90s was awesome in its fluorescent turns plaid glory. What a decade. Oh yeah, so Homeland. Watch it. If you like a solid and clever storyline, really fast talking, and absolutely amazing acting, you're in for a treat. Oh, and there's some action, too - dudes will like this.

Angela, you are so cool and don't even know it!


So, that's pretty much it. That's the epitome of my life right now, wrapped up in a few paragraphs. Freelance, tv, tv, tv. I'm injured, people. I'm allowed!

Have you dug into any good shows lately? Have you endured American Horror Stories? I'd love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?