8.31.2012

Finding Me-mo - Patti's Recap Part III

Catch-up. Jan-December, 2011.

So. I've been trying to catch you all up on the stuff that's happened to me over the last two years by writing about it in first person, as if it's happening right at that second.

But my forté is really more creatively related than it is about following tenses and all that jazz, so I figure I'll just write as I chose and fill you in to the best of my abilities.

I was busy. Between booking our wedding venue, finding the dress, and falling in love with theGuy all over again (hey! This is my blog, I can be mushy if I want to), I also left my job (totally a "Hey, everyone - you guys are great, and I'm engaged! YAYAYAYAYA! Be so happy for me....Oh yeah, and um.. here's my two weeks' notice.. I'm an asshole" moment), started the new one, and got moving on freelance stuff.


I love graphic design. I really, really do. And part of working in a corporate environment meant that I had the freedom to pursue the jobs I wanted to pursue, in my spare time. It meant that I didn't have to take jobs that I didn't want to, and that I could really flex my creative muscles when I wanted to. I had a blast. I worked way too much, but it was great.

One of the exciting projects I got to work on was working with a team of super bright guys who wanted to develop a real estate magazine. It was the beginning of an awesome relationship, where I was able to design a lot of logos, design and direct the overall look and feel of their magazine, and work to create ad, etc. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed their vision and creativity.


It kept me busy. No time to update blogs, no time to socialize. But I felt totally stimulated and creative, and like I knew what I was supposed to be doing with my life. It was a fantastic feeling - I could see my future ahead and it looked so bright (it still does!). For the first time in my life, I felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be, and that was a totally amazing feeling. Life was looking up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?